Thursday, January 31, 2008

New Record!

Starting this week, I have been keeping a kick count log. While my doctors have not said that I have to, I think it is a neat way to track some quality time with Charlie. Now, I know I have told you that he is active, but this morning he set a new record for wiggliness. When he kicks or moves, I start my Pampered Chef timer and see how long it takes for him to move or kick 10 times total. This morning he wowed us with 10 good kicks in 47 seconds! Also, last night after I was asleep, he practiced his Tae Bo on Ted's back for a good while.

The tour of Labor and Delivery was uneventful. I had a huge list of questions that, fortunately for everyone else, the volunteer answered in her presentation. Ted is taking his job of "Gatekeeper" very seriously and has even started practicing telling people where to wait. The labor, delivery and recovery rooms are very nice. They are big and very calmly decorated. Ted won't have a good place to sleep, but he says he's been trained to ignore the elements. The nurses on the floor were very friendly to us as we walked around, and we did get to hear Brahm's Lullaby (which means someone had just delivered). After recovery, the room I'll be moved to is very small, but it still has the nice serene decorating. And, as long as there is an awake adult in the room, Charlie can hang out in that room, too. I'm hoping not to be there too long anyway since my bed is so comfy :)

No comments: