Thursday, January 24, 2008

Baby Talk

Lately Charlie has been responding to Ted's voice. On Sunday night when Ted would talk about football, Charlie would start kicking away. He correctly predicted the Giants' win over the Packers (in overtime with a surprise 47 yard field goal for those who don't know).

We've started using a yes/no question system to determine things like what to eat and even middle names. It seems he has his parents' sense of humor, though. So far the only names that Charlie has approved for his own middle name are: Urban and Presley.

In making room for Charlie and purging our closets of accumulated detritus, I found a collage that Katie made me when we were living in McNutt sophomore year. I came home one day to find it posted on my door. In typical not-quite-subtle Katie fashion, there is a picture of an infant with the words "A Good Idea" next to it. While she may have been a decade early, I wholeheartedly agree.

Funny story from birthing class:
We spent a few minutes practicing some breathing techniques. The class had been really boring up to that point and the breathing we were learning is something that 3 month old Violet has already mastered. Anyway, we practiced with dads coaching and encouraging moms. We almost got through one round when Ted sarcastically said, "Way to go, Cupcake" a la Vinny the pre-scuba instructor. I cracked up and so did the six couples near us. When I finally composed myself, I told our friend Nancy that Cupcake is not even one of Ted's nicknames for me. This sent another wave of laughter through the class. It's probably not nice to make very pregnant women laugh that hard, but at least it livened up the class (and I did not notice any puddles on the floor). My husband- the class clown. I'm so proud.

1 comment:

Katie said...

WOW! See, I knew then :-)