Saturday, January 5, 2008

Long Time, No Post

Wow, so much has happened since the last post. I'll try to remember everything in the summary, but if I forget, I'll have to blame it on pregnesia.



Second, we've had Christmas versions 1.5, 2.0 and 3.0 since my last post. When we returned from PA, there was a package on the doorstep from my Secret Nestie Santa, Lynn. She rules! I came home to a book, a cookbook (more on that later), warm fuzzy socks, nail polish and body butter. I was a very happy and grateful girl.
Ted and I exchanged gifts on Christmas Eve. After eating wings (we're so traditional), we had a small present opening session. He got me earrings and a gift card to a store where I can buy new clothes after April. I got him a book and The Jungle Book on dvd, which we watched right away.
Caitlin came to visit for almost a week, so we have been very busy. We had a sleepover at our house on Friday. Those girls wore me out. But we did get a chance to go see the lights at Tanglewood. It never gets old for me. Ted's parents joined us on Sunday and the whole gang went to my parents' house for another Christmas. The kids played together so well. Everyone had gifts to open. There was a puzzle for everyone to work on. It was a great day. I just love how all 16 people fit in with one another as if we've all been family forever.

New Year's Day was fairly laid back for us, considering an active 10 year old and her friends in the house. I made collards and black eye peas and grits (with recipes from the new cookbook). Soooo yummy. Ted made ribs for everyone else.

We took Caitlin back to Texas on Wednesday and stayed for a few days. Today is Saturday and we are in the Memphis airport on our way back. Thursday we went outlet shopping for Charlie. I had so much fun and I think Ted even enjoyed it. We picked up some 'future use' clothes at really good deals. I giggle every time I look at the little penny loafers. My favorite, though, is the bathrobe and matching slippers we found. They really crack me up.

We did have a couple of family photos done by my sister, Lisa. So I will be able to post a belly pic very soon. I'll try to get a shot of the robe and slippers, too.

In other baby news, I have officially passed the point of is-she-pregnant-or-fat for strangers. I'm getting comments and questions which means, to me, there is no doubt about the bump- even if you don't know me. I also saw a kick for the first time, sort of. I was lounging in the hotel room, watching tv, and Charlie kicked the remote off of my belly. Unfortunately, Ted was asleep and missed it, but I'm sure there will be many more to come.

We start birth classes next week and have to start searching for a pediatrician soon. The third trimester is just around the corner. I'm not sure I am ready for it because I am really enjoying the second. Hopefully I will continue to feel great and it won't make a difference.

The new carpet will be installed this week which means I will finally get to start on the nursery soon. I'm really looking forward to it, though it does seem a daunting task. Any decorators or seamstresses out there that wanna help?

Ok, I think that's enough for now. I promise to be back again soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Could not find a suitable section so I written here, how to become a moderator for your forum, that need for this?