Monday, January 28, 2008

Flat Soda

I passed my glucose tolerance test this morning!

The Glucola drink is pretty gross. I made sure it was very cold and I held my breath and chugged. It was a little difficult to keep it down. I'm sure not taking my reflux meds beforehand did not help that. Ted drove me to the appointment, which was great because I did not feel so hot.

I had a bunch of other blood tests done today, too. But the only instant results were hemoglobin. Go figure- I'm borderline anemic. So, there's one more pill to take each day.

Our state just passed a law that if the mom doesn't have an HIV test during pregnancy, they will test the baby! I had previously declined the test because I knew I didn't need it. But now that they are threatening to stick my baby, I have changed my mind. I probably wouldn't care so much if the State also paid for these tests... having a baby ain't cheap.

Charlie's heartrate was the lowest we have heard it. I think we caught him while he was sleeping. He's still moving a lot, except when someone wants to feel him. Mom, Dad, Auntie, and Uncle John have gotten to feel kicks. Looks like Aunt Lovey (Kerry) will be the one with the magic sleeping touch as he calms down when she comes around.

At Katie's suggestion, I did try the flashlight trick. Ted thinks it is cruel, so I only did it one time. Sure enough, as soon as the light was on my belly, Charlie moved away from that spot. He definitely has a usual place he likes to hang out and it is rare that he curls up anywhere else.

Tonight is our tour of Labor and Delivery before class. I'm sure we'll have lots to say about it soon.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Congrats on the glucose test - I only barely passed so I had to take the 3-hour test - lime flavor instead of orange. IL has the HIV test thing too - the nurse was like "congrats, you don't have HIV." I was like "did you really just SAY THAT?" So since the flashlight is mean (wimpy Ted,) try sound... put headphones on your belly. Play it enough and when you play the stuff for him on the "outside" it's calming. Danielle loves Eddie Vedder's voice now - she stops crying instantly!