Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Well, I am sure now that I have felt both hiccups and Braxton-Hicks contractions since I last mentioned them. The hiccups felt like my belly had it's own pulse- very weird.

I am in a bit of denial about the 3rd trimester and my limitations. I would love to keep up the energy and activity of just a few weeks ago, but it is fast becoming obvious that I cannot. My feet, knees and hands swell if I spend too much time on my feet. But I have not been able to determine what is "too much time" yet. I did join the ywca pool and I'm hoping that it will help with the swelling and that activity will keep my energy up a little.

For the past few nights I have been on evening nap duty with the neighbors' daughter, born in October. They have company coming this weekend and they have their hands full with two very active older daughters. So I have happily provided and lap and shoulder for a sleeping baby each night after dinner. It's nice to interact with adults, too. Alas, this little routine will not be necessary starting tomorrow.

There's not much news to report baby-wise. Charlie is getting bigger for sure. He still enjoys hearing his daddy's voice every day. He seems to be bringing out a maternal, or at least more friendly, side of Sid. She's been far less neurotic lately and has even let visitors pet her! My doctor told me last week that Charlie is a happy baby. I like this doctor.

I didn't get any pictures of my belly at the shower, so I have not been able to post any yet. But I promise I will when I have a chance.

1 comment:

Katie said...

See if you can get into a pre-natal water class - I had a friend who didn't join until her 3rd trimester and regreted waiting - do it now - it is SO GREAT (I started at week 16!)

You'll feel about 300 pounds when you get out of the pool, be warned!