Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Spoiled Rotten!

We had a very busy weekend!

Saturday was the Mother-Daughter Luncheon at our church and I took Mama for her birthday. We had a wonderful time, as usual. Good food, good company, and a nice fashion show.

Later that afternoon, Aunt Evy, Uncle Gerry, and cousins William and Kaleigh arrived. We caught up, ate at our favorite Mexican restaurant, and turned in early from a l-o-n-g day.

Sunday was the baby shower, hosted by Lovey (that's Kerry). Big Daddy, Mama, and Heidi helped with decorations and food, too. We had a lot of fun. The men and kids played in the backyard and enjoyed a fire in the pit. The girls played games and gabbed. There were so many great gifts for Charlie that I still have not put everything away! He is quite a lucky boy.

After the shower, family stuck around and we had a nice evening together. I am always so pleased with how well Ted's family meshes with mine. Lovey got to feel Charlie kicking while he listened to Ted's recordings. Sunday night I finally felt hiccups!

Monday morning, the Pennsylvania family hit the road again and I stopped in to visit Lovey and her kids. It was Mama's birthday, so I thought she might get home from work early. That didn't quite happen, but I did manage to stay there and have dinner with everyone.

Tuesday, after Mothers' Morning Out, I took a very long nap!

Now things are getting back to normal. I did some major shopping today and took care of some projects around the house. I even got some Mary Kay work taken care of :) The next few days should be pretty relaxed, and I am hoping to do some more finishing touches at home.

Funny baby story- On Monday Charlie was feeling particularly heavy. Some days he seems to get lost in my belly, others he makes his presence known. I said something about how hard he felt near my ribs. Kerry said, "Ooh! I bet that's Braxton-Hicks. Let me feel!" She put her hand on him and I could tell she was thinking "practice contraction," but when she moved her hand to a different, squishy part of my belly she nodded and said, "Nope, that's a baby."

I can't believe we get to meet him in 2 months!!

No comments: