Monday, July 20, 2009

A Whole Lotta Firsts

In the past 10 days or so, Charlie has had a lot of firsts. I hope I remember them all.
  • He waved and said "bye" to his friend Tucker, who incidentally said his first sentence to Charlie a few months ago.
  • He started drinking from a Big Boy Cup and mostly gets it in his mouth.
  • He kicks a ball now.
  • He's figured out how to climb on his rocking horse and how to get down.
  • He figured out how to put his face in the bath water and blow bubbles.
  • He stacked blocks without prompting at Alex's house today.
  • He mastered climbing and descending the steps at Mama and Big Daddy's deck.
  • He rode a Power Wheels Dora the Explorer Jeep with Clara.
Whenever there is furniture to climb that is a little too tall, he will pull up anything to use as a step. He loves to race me to the recliner and steal my seat!

He mastered "bye bye" a while ago. Any time I say it, he waves and heads for the door. This week, when I tell him "night night" he heads to the bedroom and waits by the bed. When we move to the new house in a few weeks, I think we will transition to a Big Boy Bed.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Where are you moving to? I wish Danielle would accept going to bed - I'm worried she'll be in a crib until she's 5!